The Lithium Series dual speed torque gun provides the speed and convenience of a pneumatic torque gun without the noise, vibration and load variation.The Lithium Gun is a precision torque/tension compatible machine that you can set and get your desired load.
The Lithium Gun uses precision gearing to produce constant, calibrated power assuring that you will achieve bolt load within your window of accuracy every time.It give Bolt Load Accuracy Within ±5%.The Lithium Gun is a precision torque/tension compatible machine that you can set and get your desired load.
The Lithium Gun uses precision gearing to produce constant, calibrated power assuring that you will achieve bolt load within your window of accuracy every time.It is Lightweight, Durable & Powerful and have High Speed Rundown,
Final Torque and Angle Capabilities.The highest power-to-weight ratio of any battery powered torque gun. High quality components ensure superior performance and durability. Its aluminum frame makes it lightweight yet resistant to damage.
Each LithiumTorque Gun is supplied completely assembled and ready for use.
A full kit contains:
• Lithium Torque Gun
• Two 36V Li-ion 3.9Ah Battery Packs
• 36V Battery Charger
• Battery Charger Power Supply
• Reaction Arm
Two Speed Operation
Each Lithium torque gun is equipped with a two speed gearbox.The gearbox has two modes:
• RUNDOWN MODE: Used to run nuts down to seated position ready to torque.
• TORQUE MODE: Used for final torqueing in TORQUE ONLY and TORQUE AND ANGLE sub-modes.To switch between RUNDOWN and TORQUE settings, flip the gear select switch located underneath the front aluminium bearing housing. In the rare event the gear selector doesn’t engage, a very brief pulse from the trigger is all that is needed to allow gear engagement.
Battery Pack Installation and Removal
To install the battery pack into the tool handle, align the base of the tool with the rails in the tool handle and slide the battery pack firmly into the handle until you hear the lock snap in to place. To remove the battery pack from the tool, press the release button (as shown above) and firmly pull the battery pack out of the tool handle.
1. Plug the charger power supply into the charger cradle using the three pin plug, then tighten the retaining collar on the plug.
2. Plug the charger power supply into an appropriate outlet before inserting a battery pack.
3. Insert the battery pack into the charger cradle. The charger is equipped with a two light charge.Indicator that will be either red or green according to the state of charge of the battery pack.
4. The completion of the charge is indicated by a green light which also indicates an idle state. The pack is fully charged and may be used at this time or left on the charger.
• No Battery – Flashing Red Light
• Charging – Solid Red Light
• Fully Charged – Solid Green Light
• Short Circuit – Flashing Red Light
• Reverse Polarity – Flashing Red Light
• Damaged Battery – Flashing Red Light
The LITHIUM gun battery charger can operate at 110V or 220V AC. The plug is configured for North American outlets so other regions may require adapters.
Each electric torque gun is equipped with a universal reaction arm. The reaction arm is used to absorb and counteract any opposing forces created by the operation of the torque gun. Use the appropriately sized reaction arm or HYTORC Washer based on your application.
Upon power up, the LITHIUM gun will initialize and show the main display screen as shown in Figure 12. At start up the LITHIUM gun is ready to operate at the initial or the last Torque, Angle and Release angle settings. If these settings are correct and when ready to tighten a fastener, place the gun on the application and pull the trigger, the display will then ask the operators to “Press any Button to Continue”. This step is to ensure the operator removes his second hand from the path of the reaction arm. While continuing to hold the trigger the opposite hand should press any button on the display to start the tightening process. Continue to hold the trigger until the gun comes to a complete stop.
While torqueing, the AMBER LED will light up showing BUSY. When done, the torque gun will beep once and the GREEN LED will turn ON. In case of error, the torque gun will beep 4 times and the RED LED will be ON. If failed, an error message will be shown on the display screen. If Release angle is set, the gun will automatically run backwards to the specified angle to release windup from reaction torque. To change or set torque, angle and release angle see “Setting Torque and Angle” section. To loosen, press the center button. The torque setting will be automatically set to the maximum allowed torque for the particular type of gun, i.e. for BTM-1000 Series LITHIUM guns, the MAX Torque is approximately 1200 ft. lbs. Press and hold the power trigger switch while the socket turns and loosens the nut. In reverse direction, the torque gun is set to maximum torque in order to loosen the nut. Use extreme caution when running in this mode.
Basic Function Descriptions
Torque: Allows the operator to enter the target torque that the gun will seek when the trigger is pulled and held.
Angle: If an angle setting is above “0” the gun will add this angle of rotation to a completed torque operation using the maximum output of the unit.
Release Angle: After completing an operation, the gun will automatically run backwards the specified angle to release windup from reaction torque.
Setting Torque and Angle
To Set the Torque and Angle:
Press and hold center key with right facing arrow to toggle from screens for setting Torque, Angle and Release Angle. While on screen, use up and down arrows keys to select value.
Note: Set the Angle to 0, if working only in Torque Mode. The LITHIUM gun is ready to operate once the desired Torque setting is entered. There is no need to toggle through Angle and Release angle screens if they are already set to 0.
TORQUE GUN OPERATION
1. Make sure the torque gun and the reaction arm are in position for tightening.
2. Ensure the reaction arm is squarely against a solid reaction point.
3. Pull the power trigger switch, the press any button with your opposite hand.
4. When specified torque is reached, the LITHIUM gun will BEEP once and the Green LED will turn ON.
5. If Release angle is set, the gun will automatically run backwards the specified angle to release windup from reaction torque.
6. If the LITHIUM gun fails to set the torque properly, it will BEEP 4 times and the Red LED will turn ON while also showing the error on the display. In case of error, try again by repeating process from Step 3. If error continues, STOP and check for any abnormalities with the LITHIUM gun or the nut/bolt being tightened.
7. Release the power trigger switch.
8. If the trigger is released prematurely, the display will show an error and the Red LED will be ON. In this case, restart tightening process from step 3.
9. The nut is now tight at the current torque setting. Proceed to the next nut.
Tightening with Angle
1. Follow the steps in Tightening above from 1 to 3.
2. When preset torque is reached, the LITHIUM gun will turn the nut in degrees set by the Angle.
3. When the specified angle is set, the gun will BEEP once and the Green LED will turn ON.
4. Proceed and follow steps 5 to 9 in Tightening above.
1. Set the direction to loosen by pressing the middle button. The torque setting will be automatically set to the maximum allowed torque for the particular type of gun, i.e. for BTM-1000 Series LITHIUM guns, the MAX Torque is approximately 1200 ft. lbs.
2. Make sure the torque gun and the reaction arm are in position for loosening.
3. Make sure the reaction arm is squarely against a solid reaction point.
4. Press and hold the power trigger with one hand. Then, when prompted, press any button with the other hand to start.
5. Release the power trigger switch when the nut is loose enough to be removed by hand.
It is ideal for Infrastructure and Power Generation Industry.